Friday, April 10, 2009

scrapbook


I found this pink deflated balloon on our common room table. As I was about to throw it away I realized that it was a leftover from my best friend's birthday celebration, and it drew my attention. Aside from the fact that it is my favorite color, I kept it because of the memories it represents. Unlike most birthday celebrations people have in college, my suite-mates and I sat around our common room table and played games. We had about three or four other people over, making it a very small, personal get together. We played Cranium, Clue and Charades and we all had a blast. I remember laughing harder than I had in a really long time and I'm pretty sure that everyone else felt the same. These memories were all brought back to me just at the site of this pink deflated balloon and that is why it deserves recognition even though it is not art.

No comments:

Post a Comment