Wednesday, April 8, 2009

scrapbook


I found this coupon on the floor of Monty Lab last week and rather than just leaving it there, I picked it up, not to throw it away, but to read it. What I saw brought a smile to my face and even made me laugh a little under my breath. It instantly brought me back to the summer after my freshman year here at St. Mary's when my friends and I came back to visit our friends who lived off-campus. As soon as I pulled up in front of their house, my one friend came running out to greet me. Without thinking, I closed my door and automatically locked it out of habit. A few minutes later, when I went back to my car to get my bag, I realized that my keys were missing. I began to panic and looked around everywhere until a horrible thought made my stomach churn. I slowly peered into the car and saw them sitting on the drivers seat. I had been so caught up in saying hi to my friend that I must of put them there and forgotten to bring them with me. And since I always lock my car out of habit, I did it again except this time with the keys in the car. We were in the middle of nowhere and there was no way that I could call my mom (it was her car) to ask her to drive down three hours to give me another set of keys. That was just out of the question. I remember that I was so panicked that I could not think straight. Finally, my friend asked if I had triple A and I wasn't sure so I called. They showed up within the next hour and I felt like a world had been lifted off my shoulders. Anyway, that memory, which is funny to me now, after the fact, is why this particular coupon deserves attention despite the fact that it is not art.

No comments:

Post a Comment